Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Metabones Minolta MD to Sony E Mount

The box came from Hong Kong arrived via Fedex today. I immediately put it on the Sony A7S and did a quick test on the Minolta MD ROKKOR-X PG 58/1.2 and Minolta MC ROKKOR PF 85/1.7. These are rather hefty lenses.


Out of focus @f/1.7

In focus @f/16

Stacked of the two

MC ROKKOR-PF 85/1.7 (left) taken with the Mc ROKKOR-X PG 58/1.2 at f/1.2

Both  lenses fit well onto the Metabones adapter. As I was checking the lens I found out that a year or so ago I had bought a NEEWER NEX to Minolta MD adapter.

I think now I have a complete set of Metabones adapter for all of my favorite lenses:
Metabones EF to Sony E mount - all current EF mount lenses both Canonand Sigma
Metabones Leica M to Sony E mount - all vintage Leica M and Leica L39 screwmount lenses
Metabones Leica R to Sony E mount - all Leica R lenses
Metabones Minolta MD/MC to Sony E mount - all Minolta MD and MC lenses

Other than that I also have these from a couple of years ago:
Novoflex Minolta MC MD to NEX/E - use of MD/MC lenses
Novoflex Leica R to NEX/E - use of Leica lenses
Fotodiox FD to NEX/E - use of FD lenses
Neewer MD to NEX/E - use of MD/MC lenses

Other than that I also have these from much older period:
Elphoto Leica R to EOS
Nikon AIS to Leica M - use of AIS, AI Nikon lens
Nikon AIS to Leica Screwmount - use of AIS, AI Nikon lens


As far as lenses and perspectives are concerned I think I am well covered with plenty of overlap especially at about 50mm range due mostly the Leica vintage glass. 

No comments: