Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Leica M mount on Sony A7S via Metabones LTM to Sony E mount

I managed to dig out some of my old vintage Leica M and Leica Screwmount lenses that were the rage with me when I got rid of my Nikon gear and fully explored standard lenses (50mm, 80mm) via vintage Leica, Voigtlander's Bessa and Rolleiflexes.

The Metabones LTM to Sony E mount fit these lenses to Sony A7S faultlessly. I already had a couple of Voigtlander's L39 screwmount to LTM metal adapters.

I carried out a few quick tests with the Voigtlanders 28mm Color Skopar, 35mm Skopar abd 15mm Heliar, they worked great. The Summitar and Summicron also fits perfectly with a slight blue color cast when shot indoors in flourescent light. This color cast can be easily removed in PP.

Looking forward to taking out these vintage range finder lenses on a spin around town.


28mm Color Skopar 

28mm Color Skopar

28mm Color Skopar

50mm Summicron 

15mm Heliar

No comments: