Thursday, September 23, 2021

VIVITAR 135MM F2.8 NIKON NON-AI MOUNT

I saw a review of this lens by zenography over on Youtube and immediately searched for it and immediately found it for sale on finn.no, what luck! My son helped picked it up for me from Oslo and mailed it over. It took a couple of days, it's finally here.

The lens is in very good condition and was sold for NOK500, there were no ugly marks, no fungus, scratches or balsam separation only small dusts which is normal for a lens this age; the exterior looks very nice for 40+ year old lens. Other than teh typical dusts, it looks good. I took the lens out for a spin in the living room through the double-glazed glass window since the weather outside has been dismal all week long.

The lens was shot with the builtin lenshood, lens attached to Sony A7S via K&F Concept NIK- Sony E adapter and the entire rig sits on a tripod. Focussing was smooth without any stickiness.






Vivitar 135 f2.8, a petite lens on Nikon Non-AI mount (Picture shot with Nippon Kogaku Auto Micro 55 f3.5 with two light sources.






Vivitar 135 f2.8 @f2.8

 The results at f2.8 looks very decent as already attested by zenography's review; my preliminary images here just confirms it. I did't bother shooting at other apertures since I intentionally bought this lens to specifically shoot at f2.8 and enjoy the beautiful soft bokeh balls.

When the weather gets better I'm looking forward to shoot the 135s out in the city one of these evenings ... hmmm ... I can already picture the shiny winter wet cobblestones and fuzzy bokeh-fied light sources in the background!

No comments: