Sunday, September 12, 2021

Vintage lenses ready for some action

These are among the lenses I collected over a period of 3 years while in Holland 2002-2004, stalking ebay and used gear portals picking of other people's "junk". Sometime perusing "bargain" bins at photo stores in the area where I worked looking for classic glasses people throw away at the start of the digital photography conversion.

With the coming of mirrorless cameras these beauties are revived again with the multitudes of adapters available in the market (some good, some bad, some useless). The newer crop of adapters specifically designed for Sony_E mount I found to fit very nicely enabling me to use all these lenses on my Sony A7S and A7R.

One key item to check in infinity focus ... I have tested some of them but not all. For daytime uses they seem to work excellently well. For point source light ie stars in the nightsky, I've only managed to test the Leica R Summicron 35/2.0. The rest remains to be taken out one of these clear nights and their capability tested.

I tested a Leica M Summitar 50/2 sometime ago and was quite chuffed with the results.


Minolta Rokkor 85/1.7


Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2


Nikon AIS 35/1.4 using some generic wide lenshood


Voightlander M 40/1.2


Leica R Summicron 35/2


Leica R Elmarit 90/2.8

Olympus Zuiko 28/2.8 on a generic wide lenshood

No comments: