Tuesday, September 21, 2021

SUPER TAKUMAR 28MM F3.5 ON M42 MOUNT

 I have never shot using anything on M42 mount before. I have used Leica Screwmount L39 and I guess that was the closest I've ever got to M42. Little that I know that there are tonnes of great optics built for M42 screw mount.

One peculiar thing I realised at least with my K&F Concept M42 to Sony NEX Pro adapter is that after screwing the lens into M42 socket on the adapter the markings is not as center as I usually have it on other lenses, maybe that's normal. After attaching the M42 macro extension tube, the markings is on the "bottom" side. Most peculiar!

In any case today I managed to shoot a few frames as initial tests with the Takumar 28,mm attached to the Sony A7S. I also tested the 10mm M42 macro extension rings just to see how close is close. The lens focusses to 40cm ... and much much closer with the extension tube attached.


Sony A7S attached to the Takumar 29mm via a K&F Concept M42-Sony Nex Pro adapter, all flushed and snug. The lens is and hood came in super clean condition.


Uncropped at f3.5


Uncropped at f3.5


I shot at 16:9 aspect ratio at f3.5, this vertical shot feels too long, so I crop the bottom slightly.

Shot at f3.5 cropped.

With a10mm macro extension tube attached, focusing was real close at f3.5.


10mm macro extension tube attached, minimum focus distance on the lens @f3.5


10mm macro extension tube attached, focus at maximum focusing distance @f3.5



It's a nice nifty lens, clean without fungus and defects. The wide angle lenshood came with the lens which is great. Looking forward to shooting twith this lens, will try take out one of these clear nights and try shoot some stars with it. I saw some good images some people made with teh Takumar 35mms the other day, maybe this little guy is as capable!


No comments: