Monday, October 25, 2021

MY 135MM PENTAX/TAKUMAR VINTAGE SET

I'm not quite sure now how I actually started on this path. I think I initially stumbled on a youtube video of cinematographers re-purposing vintage lenses for use with their cine cameras due high cost of actual cine lenses. 

From there I found a cinematographer actually acuiring and testing these lenses. And then I went to find zenography youtube channel which review these 60 year old vintage lenses for photography and bokeh.

So along the way I rediscovered ebay and throughout 4 weeks acquired these superb Asahi Pentax SMC and Takumar lenses: 
1. Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 135mm f2.5 M42
2. Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f3.5 M42
3. Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 135mm f3.5 M42 2nd unit
4. SMC Pentax 135mm f2.5 K 1st unit
5. SMC Pentax 135mm f2.5 K 2nd unit
6. SMC Pentax 135mm f3.5 K 
7. Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 M42
8. Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5 M42




Asahi Pentax SMC and Takumar in one box, not pictured here is the 28mm. Also there's a Jupiter 37A on the bottom far right.

 Along the way I picked up a Konica Hexanon, Carl Zeis Jena Sonnar+Tessar, Olympus Zuiko as well as a Nikkor AI and Vivitar AI.

The old SMC Pentax and Takumars are a joy to use openwide, and I have been making 4k25p as well as 1080p50 youtube videos capturing autumn from my front porch. The bokeh produced is amazingly beautiful and the focus tack sharp. Hamdling if old skool via manual focusing but they are all smooth like butter. 

I hope to be making more videos with these old vintage lenses, I think I have all I  need (and then some) as far as lenses are concerned to be able to do so productively.

No comments: