Sunday, February 24, 2019

Summitar Lens Hood

I reestablished my connection with Leicashop after many years of absence. They were my regular source for pre-war gear when I was smitten with shiny chrome lenses formulated and built even before I was born. Some of them still stand up pretty well against modern lenses.

After taking out the Summitar for a stroll the other day, I noticed that it needed a lenshood. I was at the time using a lenshood that was meant for the Summicron 50. Surfing around Leicashop I stumbled upon this nifty looking original Leitz lenshood specifically meant for the Summitar. So I ordered one, EUR 60 for the item itself, and additional EUR30 for shipping, and 25% Norwegian tax on top as well as NOK150 for handling by the Post Office.

Now I'm a proud (cynical tone) owner of a vintage lenshood (1939). One great feature is it's foldability ... kinda cool!





No comments: