Tuesday, July 27, 2021

2021 August Milkyway in planning

 Mid August is the start of our Milkyway season here in the North. We have up until end of Oct to catch great views of the spectacle before winter rains and year end freeze start piling in on us.

August to me is the most aniticipated month of the year. Having witness MW from a darksite north of India back in 2018, I doubt that I'll be able to repeat the same in Norway. Main obstacles here are getting enough clear sky nights ... they are most rare this far up north on the west coast. But we try nevertheless ...





I will try these site this year, both are viewing North East in the picture. The MW is mostly rising South West in August and shifts South as the season progresses.

I'm hoping to be lucky enough this year to be able to get a couple of nights out. Last year I managed to image with 3xcameras (one on Star Adventurer) at the same site by on the side of the road. This year I might be able to image with 2xStar Adventurers if I managed to lug all the gear up this knoll.

Another great site is further south which is also a distinct possibility. Fosseknuten might be too far out to attempt unless it's over multiple day camping trip.

2020 Milky Way in August 
2018 North India MW in July

No comments: