Saturday, April 24, 2021

Widefield Lens for Astro ASKAR ACL 200/4

 I decided to grab the Askar ACL 200 f4 from Teleskop.de as part of my snail's pace building of my imaging train with digital DSLR namely Canon 5D, 6D and Sony A7S. 

It's been a long time in the making : Skywatcher's EQM 35 2 years ago, Altair Starwave Ascent 70 a year ago and the ACL 200/4 this year. Slowly but surely I'm starting to better understand other required gear as well as the bits and pieces that go together in the imaging train. The fact that I'm a chronic procrastinator doesn't help. I haven't even plug in the EQM35 once since purchase!

The aim is not really the end product but the journey so the excuse goes. The end game is hopefully an imaging train that would realise my dream of imaging the night sky with the limited resources available to me, I do have a tonne of other hobbies, astro is onely one of many!







1st test shot : 20 star shots, 20 darks, 20 bias. Exposure 1sec Iso6400


Outstanding in the train are : filters, adapters, guiding scope, guiding camera. I'm still learning about these. The Ascent 72 has helped a lot in my understanding of the what's required for proper imaging especially on the gear side. It's the cheapst decent refractor I was willing to spend money on possibly the lightest at 2kg for the focal length in question. The Askar ACL200 is clearly a step up is cost but wider field.





 
Though it's a longtime in the making, one day hopefully I'll just walkout to the verandah one of these dark nights and start imaging, and that's just the beginning of the journey into the heavens.


Could this be the ultimate end?





No comments: