Friday, June 28, 2019

Noctilucent clouds finally

Typically at the conclusion of teh Aurora season you are quickly hit by Milkyway rising and then immediately by noctilucent clouds. Aurora showing has been dismal this season perhaps because this year in the low cycle for aurora. That or I've been extremely lazy the whole winter.

Milkyway shows it's magnificence very early morning just before sunrise around April. I've been able to capture that this season. I was hoping to use the Star Adventurer but the light pollution at location was such a put-off so most were single shots.

Noctilucent clouds took a long while coming. Though throughout Europe it has been significant views for weeks, in Norway it has been only visible on a couple of occasions. The rest were cloudy lousy weather days. That's the typical west coast weather ... winter never want to leave this place it seems.

I did get a great opportunity during the last days of June. By chance I woke up around 1am and saw the bright clouds over the northern horizon. I quickly gathered my gear and shot off to Mariero ... forgot to pack the timelapse cam as a result.





This tlapse was made in camera by LX100 after taking approximately 3500 shots!

No comments: