Friday, November 30, 2018

Black Friday

Shopping Black Friday online is the way to go I think. Less crowds and you dont have to deal with other shoppers until you have to pick up the items from the post office. Rest assured you are not the only person thinking that online shopping is the way to go for Black Friday shopping.

It's also kinda nice that the online shops start targetting shoppers a week before that, and sometimes even a week after. I normally dont shop too much on Black Friday but this year I made it an exception, I needed to pick up a few essential items for 2019 Milkyway/Aurora shooting season.

I went surfing to Fjellesport.no, Adnature.no, Angler.no and the staples at XXL.no I picked up a 60L Osprey backback, down sleeping bag, sleeping bag liners, hiking poles, down jackets, hiking boots as well as several middle layer fleece. I figure by mid Aug 2019 I should be able to lug all these gear up to 900m around Blafjelle or Fidjelland for a full night of Milkyway/Aurora/Nightsky imaging ... single shots with one tripod, one head maybe 2xcamera set-up.

This has been a longtime in the planning, just haven't been executed due to lack of will and interest from others. I'm making it a hard target for 2019. If the weather cooperates God willing.

Target locations:

1. Blafjellet ... park, trek 2hrs from the trailhead, camp with a view into the Monafossen valley.
2. Fidjeland ... Cabin 48, trek and camp at the 1100m top.
3. Monafossen ... park, trek and camp looking into the Monafossen valley.
4. Fosseknuten ... park, trek and camp with a view north across the water.

There are plenty of other locations too around Lysesheiea  ... the full moon and clouds has always been the blocker. I still need to figure out the best way to lug the Star Adventurer and the carbon tripod for those locations requiring some trekking.

No comments: