Friday, April 17, 2015

Aurora in Hundvag 17th April 2015

In the wee hours of the morning, a spectacular showing of the northernlights not 5 mins away from home after a strong geomagnetic storm a few days earlier. I was hoping it'd come around during a clear night ... and so it did.

Here are some of the photos:





 










It was a spectacular display second only perhaps to an earlier event 17th March which I had missed. The show started around 11:37pm and continued well into the morning. by the time I left at 4am it was still there in the northern sky though not as intense. 1000 shots later I now have a complete sequence for a proper timelapse video. Let's us how that turned out.

There were also some very unique shots by other people from the Stavanger Aurora Chasers of which I'm also a member.

No comments: