Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chinese Egret in Lutong


Great Egret.


Fast buddies, a Little Egret and a Chinese Egret foraging near each other.


A beauty enjoying her fun time at the beach hunting for breakfast.

This beach must've been a regular haunt for these egrets probably for a long while already. I remembered seeing several species of egrets at this very same beach when I first visited Lutong Beach one late afternoon in what must've been way back in 1995.

I was visiting a friend after returning from an offshore trip. She took me here to show off the almost free-of-people beach and the resort lifestyle she's living after having left the company we both worked for a few months back. I saw a Great Egret and several Little Egrets that evening, the scene sort of stuck in my mind since then.

Now that I live in Miri, I get to check out the Little Egret, Chinese Egret and Great Egret regularly on the way to the office in the mornings. Beauty ain't it?

No comments: